This is from recipe book “Well Fed,” by Melissa Joulwan, a truly wonderful paleo primer giving amazing techniques in food preparation. My favourite is the stages of brining to give you super tender, super tasty chicken easily.
- Step One, Brining
- Get a food bag and sit
- Pour 8 cups of water into the bag
- Add 3 TB Salt, 2 Garlic Cloves whole, 1/2 TB Coconut Amino/Soy Sauce, 1 Bay leaf, 1 tsp Coriander Seeds, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1 tsp Whole Peppercorns
- Stir with your hands to dissolve the salt
- Add 4 chicken breasts
- Seal in the bag and place in the fridge for 2 hours up to 2 days.
- Step Two, Spices
- Mix 1 TB Ground Cumin, 1 TB Curry Powder, 1 TB Chili Powder, 1/2 TB Allspice, 1/2 TB Cinnamon, 3/4 TSP Black Pepper
- Combine together
- Add 2 TB of coconut oil to spices and spread over the chicken
- Grill for 4 minutes each side until cooked through or cook in 180-degree oven for 15-20 mins
You can serve this with vegetables and salad vegetables all together. Pick up some Organic Chicken in store today, for better economy, use Chicken Thighs and remove the bones (Save them in the freezer for bone broth).