HEART SPACE WHOLE FOODS – DUNDEE ( EXCHANGE STREET)
A fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking company passionate about what they do!
Heart Space Whole Foods is currently recruiting for a Shopkeeper. Working closely with the Business Owners and colleague Shopkeeper’s, you will ensure consistently high levels of customer service and be a vital member of our day-to-day operations. You need to be passionate about great food and the communities that grow them, have the ability to advise and assist customers and make customers feel at home. We are looking for someone with a positive, pro-active attitude and a passion for organic and whole food who ideally is knowledgeable about food and cooking. Being able to share your knowledge about food with customers is very important in delivering the right customer experience for the business.
We are looking for someone to work with us to help develop our business and who has a natural ability to deliver quality service in a way that makes people instantly comfortable. We are looking for people who smile, engage with customers and deliver personal service, have high personal standards, are flexible and adaptable, reliable, hardworking and self motivated.
- Grocery/retail experienced preferred
- Ability to learn about wholefoods and products
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to sell proactively
- Strong work ethic and personal standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Social Media skills
- Willingness to develop the reputation of Heart Space Whole Foods
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Assist the Business Owners with the day to day running of the shop, at times working on your own using your own initiative responding effectively to the needs of the business and our customers
- Ordering of stock and stock control
- Keeping a record of customer requests and sourcing new products to drive sales and promotions
- Proactively promote the shop through social media and other publicity/marketing methods as required
- Giving every customer attention and be free to share knowledge of our great food items
- Ensure all displays are maintained and looking fresh and appealing including regular window display changes
- Keep shelving clean, well stocked and removing out-of date products
- Uphold the standards of organic and fairtrade foods
- Follow all health and safety / sanitisation procedures and adhere to safe working practices and the shops Food Safety Assurance System
- Assist customers to select the products they are looking for
- Maintain accurate signage and pricing
- Maintain the store cupboard in good order
- Keep the shop clean.
- And anything else as required.
Able to work around 20 hours per week, which may include weekends, split days over a 7-day week. A job-share will be considered. We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Please email your CV, interest, and reasons for applying for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org