Here is a delicious paleo recipe to start off your week. Suitable for vegans too!
- 1/2 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 5 large medjool dates (pit removed)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins/sultanas
- 2 TB dried cranberries/cherries/blueberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Line a 9″ squared baking tray with baking paper (trust me, do this. You do not want the fuss).
Melt the honey, oil, vanilla and almond butter in a pan over a medium heat.
In the meantimes, pulse the nuts until in small grains and then add the coconut.
Mix the wet and dry together and then fold in the raisins or other dried fruit and chocolate pieces.
Press the mix into the pan firmly and then chill or freeze for 2 hours. Once you have chilled it, slice it up and then refrigerate the bars.