This is a staple in our kitchen when we need some greens and if our stomachs are feeling a little off. The bone broth, combined with the fresh ingredients makes for a group healing soup for anyone that is ill or just hungry!
- 1kg broccoli, don’t forget to use the stalks.
- 4 leeks, well cleaned and trimmed, Just the white parts.
- 1 large white onion
- 3 medium shallots
- ¼ medium apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1-litre chicken broth or bone broth (or enough to cover the veg)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Sea Salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
What to do
Trim and chop up the broccoli, keep the stems and add them, just slice off the hard or woody parts.
Roughly chop the leeks, onion and shallots.
Dice up the apple.
Once your veggies are prepped, melt the coconut oil/butter over medium heat in a large stock pot.
Add the leeks, onions, and shallots and saute until softened (5-10 minutes).
Add everything except the coconut milk and curry powder.
Crank the heat up to high to bring the soup to a boil.
Lower to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Add curry powder and coconut milk and blend using a hand blender. Bring back to the boil and serve.